We are a congregation of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA).
The ELCA’s Mission: Marked with the cross of Christ forever, we are claimed, gathered and sent for the sake of the world. As members of the ELCA, we believe that we are freed in Christ to serve and love our neighbor. With our hands, we do God’s work of restoring and reconciling communities in Jesus’ name throughout the world.
To learn more about what the ELCA believes and teaches, please visit their website at: ELCA http://www.elca.org/
Current Pastor: Reverend Kendrah Fredricksen. Pastor Kendrah attended seminary at the Lutheran School of Theology at Chicago and graduated in 2012. She is a second career pastor, with previous experience in administration at social service agencies. She is passionate about Bible study, social justice ministry, and spiritual/discipleship formation.
OSLC’s Church Fees and Policy for Weddings and Funerals:
Our Savior Lutheran Church Fees – for website Pastor Kendrah has been trained and certified in the Prepare/Enrich pre-marriage counseling program.
History: Our Savior Lutheran Church in Quincy, CA began as a preaching station of the Missouri Synod Lutheran Church in 1937 and was chartered as a congregation in 1955. The current building (formerly a house) was purchased in 1956 and the new chancel was added in 1988.
The church has been served by many pastors over the years, usually in combination with Lutheran churches in neighboring towns. For about three decades, the pastor has been a worker-priest (part-time). Currently, the pastor’s position is three quarter time.
In 1981, Our Savior became part of the Association of Evangelical Lutheran Churches (AELC). In 1988, the congregation became part of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA). Our Savior Lutheran is a part of the Sierra Pacific Synod (covering northern California and northern Nevada) within the ELCA.
A major addition to the church building was completed in 2005. New facilities include a fellowship hall, kitchen and office. The church is now accessible for people with physical disabilities from the back door entrance.